This weekend past was a planned sail day. LZ had the weekend off as did I. With that happening we figured it would be a good time to sail. The weather looked to cooperate. Early Sat morning there was crazy wind. Too much for a easy sail, yet doable…if one was ready….we were not!
The draw back was for the last 3-4 months it has been all about making the Zenamaran a livable unit. Now in order to sail things needed to be arranged, set away, tied down, put in storage or dock boxes. It was not a quick, simple task.
It took two days to get things set outside in order to sail.
By sundown on Sunday after a day of work after a relaxing breakfast to start, things had been checked out, motor started, sails check, and most things fastened down enough to go for a sail.
However by that time it was too late. Yet it was not a wasted weekend because now things are to the point we could cast off in 20 – 30 min.
I also this week I finished the anchoring chains, line, and anchor hook up. Also setup four dedicated docking lines and added some deck hinges to the main anchor locker. I additionally was able to figure out how to lock down the pilot chair to keep someone from just casually walking off with it. It will not stop them fully, if they want it they can just cut the cable/ chain, however it least the cable will slow them down and make the thief work some for the chair. We have a problem here with midnight raiders.
So for the next sailing window I /we are ready to get out there.
Now we’ll just need to keep the deck and outside clear to sail at any time. Also we have guest coming this month or next month, so it will be good to have things in order…yosh!